Amazon Web Services Feed
DP-300 Exam: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure (Beta) is the most recent additions in the Azure Certification path. Let’s dive deep into the DP-300 exam details!
Database management has emerged as one of the crucial necessities for enterprises all over the world. Enterprises are generating massive volumes of data with every passing second, and they need organized frameworks for managing the data. Therefore, candidates aspiring for the role of database administrators or database management specialists look for reliable certifications.
Among the many prominent cloud certifications for the management of database administration, the DP-300 exam is the best alternative. If you are looking for reliable guidance on pursuing your career as a database administrator on Microsoft Azure Cloud, then the DP-300 certification exam is the right pick for you!
The following discussion takes you through the important details of the DP-300 beta exam. Some of the crucial information you can uncover in this discussion would include details about the ideal target audience for the exam. The outline of the exam’s ideal target audience will also help readers unravel information about the professional roles of certified candidates.
Subsequently, you can also reflect on the important prerequisites for the DP-300 exam, and other basic details such as exam format supported languages and registration fee for the exam. However, the most important highlight of this discussion would be the outline of domains covered in the DP-300 beta exam. Finally, the discussion would present a brief outline of best practices to prepare for the DP-300 certification exam.
Target Audience for the DP-300 Exam
The first information that you should know about the DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on the Microsoft Azure certification exam is the ideal target audience for the exam. It is important to verify whether the exam is a suitable option for your career objectives or not. The ideal candidates for the DP-300 exam are database management specialists and database administrators.
The work of certified candidates would largely involve the management of relational databases in the cloud and on-premises, built over the Microsoft Azure data services and Microsoft SQL Server. The role of certified candidates in the DP-300 exam would include the following responsibilities.
- Implementation and management of the operational aspects of hybrid and cloud-native data platform solutions developed on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure data services.
- Utilizing various tools and methods for addressing the day-to-day tasks in database administration such as application of knowledge about using T-SQL for administrative management objectives.
- Ensuring management, availability, security, optimization, and performance monitoring for sophisticated relational database solutions.
- Working in collaboration with Azure Data Engineers for the management of operational aspects in data platform solutions.
Basic Details about the Exam
Candidates should now reflect on the important basic information regarding the exam to understand it better. The DP-300 exam is presently in the beta stage. So, you shouldn’t expect immediate scoring now in the exam. In addition, there is no clear information about the format of the exam because Azure tests the suitability of questions in the beta stage.
Furthermore, candidates should also note that the DP-300 certification will be available in the English language. Candidates should also note that the registration cost for the exam is $165 USD.
Prerequisites for the Exam
Another important factor that readers should know about the Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administer Associate certification exam is the prerequisites for the exam. However, it is heartening to know that there are no mandatory prerequisites for participating in the DP-300 certification exam.
On the other hand, candidates could take the recommended knowledge and experience requirements of Azure into consideration before deciding to take the DP-300 exam. Here are the recommended knowledge and experience requirements for the DP-300 certification exam.
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in database administration and management.
- At least one year of hands-on experience in working with Microsoft Azure.
Visit the official page to get more details about the exam: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/dp-300
Domains Covered in DP-300 Certification Exam
Now that you know all the basics of the DP-300 beta exam let us outline the domains covered in the exam. The domains covered in the exam reflect on the skills of candidates tested in the exam.
Furthermore, candidates could also learn about the weighting for each domain and find out the important domains in the exam. As a result, candidates can organize their preparation routine according to the weighting of different domains.
Domain 1: Planning and Implementation of Data Platform Resources
This is the first domain of the DP-300 exam, and it accounts for 15% to 20% of questions in the exam. The important subtopics in this domain include,
- Deployment of resources by utilizing manual methods.
- Recommendation of appropriate database offerings according to particular requirements.
- Configuration of resources for scale and performance.
- Evaluation of strategy for migration to Azure.
- Implementation of a migration or upgrade strategy for transferring to Azure.
Domain 2: Implementation of a Secure Environment
The second domain also accounts for 15% to 20% of the questions in the exam. The subtopics in this domain include the following,
- Configuration of database authentication by utilizing platform and database tools.
- Configuration of database authorization by utilizing platform and database tools.
- Implementation of security for data at rest.
- Implementation of security for data in transit.
Domain 3: Monitoring and Optimization of Operational Resources
The third domain of DP-300 exam accounts for 15% to 20% of questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows,
- Monitoring activity and performance.
- Implementation of performance-based maintenance tasks.
- Identification of performance-related issues.
- Configuration of resources for achieving optimal performance.
- Configuration of user database for optimal performance.
Domain 4: Optimization of Query Performance
This domain accounts for 5% to 10% of the questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows,
- Review of query plans.
- Evaluation of performance improvements.
- Review of the database table and index design.
Domain 5: Performing Task Automation
This domain accounts for 10% to 15% of the questions in the exam. The subtopics in this domain are as follows,
- Creation of scheduled tasks.
- Evaluation and implementation of an alert and notification strategy.
- Management and automation of Azure tasks.
Domain 6: Planning and Implementation of High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) Environment
This domain accounts for 15% to 20% of the questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain include,
- Recommendation of HADR strategy for data platform solutions.
- Testing a HADR strategy through the use of the platform, database, and OS tools.
- Performing backup and restoration of a database by leveraging database tools.
- Configuration of DR by leveraging platform and database tools.
- Configuration of HA by leveraging the platform, database, and OS tools.
Domain 7: Performing Administration by Utilizing T-SQL
The final domain of the DP-300 exam accounts for 10% to 15% of the questions in the exam. The subtopics covered in this domain are as follows,
- Examination of system health.
- Monitoring database configuration by leveraging T-SQL.
- Performing backup and restore for a database by leveraging T-SQL.
- Management of authentication by leveraging T-SQL.
- Management of authorization by using T-SQL.
Have any questions regarding the Azure DP-300 exam? Write in the Whizlabs Forum or mention in the comment below to get answers to your queries.
Are You Ready to Prepare for DP-300 Certification Exam?
So, if you want to become a Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administer Associate, then the DP-300 exam is the right path for you. The above-mentioned can help you understand the exam perfectly. However, you must be wondering about the pointers for preparation promised at the start of this discussion.
First of all, you have established the foundation for your preparations for the DP-300 certification exam by learning basic information from the exam. Remember to plan out your preparation schedule for the DP-300 certification exam according to the weighting of different domains.
If you’re preparing for any Azure certification, search for reliable and comprehensive Microsoft Azure certification training courses to navigate through your preparations effectively. Start right now to set the foundation for a long and promising career!
The post DP-300 Exam: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure appeared first on Whizlabs Blog.